September 16, 2008

do not confuse ROOMmate with SOULmate

i leave for boston on saturday... 4 more days! i have been job hunting like crazy and have three interviews set up for next week (YAY!) and i have about 15 appointments to look at various apartments.

that has been the real adventure- apartment hunting in an unknown city. in boston a more common thing to do is to live in those huge old houses and they're typically rented out by the floor, with 2-3 other roommates. this is also a cheaper option. since i don't know anyone, i'm having to search for rooms available that already have housemates. wow. who would have thought that people would use this roommate hunt as a dating service!? i'm being extremely cautious and have had skip over quite a few ads, haha but it's definitely an experience!

so yeah, that's that! things are looking good :D now all i have to do is pack. what do i take in 3 suitcases?? i guess i'll soon find out!

on a sidenote - i was taking dude for a scooter run last night. i've been doing this frequently... i hop on my pink razor scooter (thank you youth group!! i use it all the time!) and he runs ahead of me. we go all through the neighborhood. pretty much it just looks like i'm chasing my dog on a scooter, the neighbors love me i'm sure. so there was this crack in the sidewalk and i COMPLETELY ate it. i fell flat on my face and literally skinned my knees... and hands... and right ankle :( here i am trying to be all grown up and professional interviewing for jobs and whatnot and in my freetime i'm scootering. i'm just afraid that i'll go to shake a hand for an interview and i'll have to explain the sidewalk-rash on my palms!

lookout boston, here i come!! (i wonder if i have room for my scooter...)

No comments: