September 12, 2008

my quarter-life crisis

my good friend the other day used the term "quarter-life crisis" and it really stuck with me... cuz I'M EXPERIENCING IT! it's that post-graduate-what-am-i-gonna-do-for-the-rest-of-my-life age where it's SO exciting because you have the whole world at your fingertips, yet supremely intimidating because you have the whole world at your fingertips... are you willing to settle and waste it??? meanwhile, you can't find a job and all your friends get married and start having children. thus the need for whiny acoustic complaint rock ;) it was a big revelation.

i'm coming off an AMAZING summer working with high school kids that changed my life. god worked in huge and incomprehensible ways by putting me in a ministry position (go figure) which has opened my eyes to the possibilities of how far god wants us to go and how much he desires to use us despite our failures and shortcomings - we all know that i am full of those, but at least they're entertaining right?? :D

so here's the plan: i have a one-way ticket to boston leaving next saturday (9/20) and as of right now i have a place to stay saturday night and that's about it. sounds crazy, but it's my quarter life crisis! it's called crisis for a reason right?? i'm still actively searching the area for friends... and friends of friends... and friends of friends of friends... etc. as of right now, i have two interviews set up with different accounting firms - i'm confident that god has something for me so i'm really not stressed about the job stuff (yet). i'm always open to networking and ideas so if you have any feel FREE to let me know what your ideas are!

i love you all dearly! please keep me in your prayers as i continue LIFE and its adventures!!

and something to think about... if a one-way ticket to boston knowing no one and having no place to stay is my quarter-life crisis, what's my mid-life crisis going to be?? lord help us.

3 comments:

Lorna Thomas said...

All the best, my dear. Keep us updated and we'll keep checking your blog!!!

adoptingmama said...

Love you sweetie! This does make me think of the famed veggie tales movie..."and we never go to Boston in fall." I've got my dad looking for a church for you!

Andy said...

God bless you Sarah! Unlike the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, you will not be able to sing, "... and I've never been to Boston in the fall." I look forward to hearing about your adventures...